I suppose earlier generations had to sit through all this huffing and puffing with the invention of television, the phone, cinema, radio, the car, the bicycle, printing, the wheel and so on, but you would think we would learn the way these things work, which is this:
1) Everything that’s already in the world when you’re born is just normal;
2) anything that gets invented between then and before you turn thirty is incredibly exciting and creative and with any luck you can make a career out of it;
3) anything that gets invented after you’re thirty is against the natural order of things and the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it until it’s been around for about ten years when it gradually turns out to be alright really.
Apply this list to movies, rock music, word processors and mobile phones to work out how old you are.
douglas adams writing about technology in 1999.
Hi. Answer this with ten random facts about yourself and then pass it on to your ten favorite followers. :-)
Well okay then. This is the first one of these that I’ve received - so thank you!
1. I have ADHD (Combined subtype) and was diagnosed when I was 4.
2. I went through a phase in highschool of having a deep and intense obsession with everything related to “The Phantom of the Opera”.
3. I used to be able to recite the entire first half of the musical RENT from memory.
4. I have two dogs, called Bogart and Leena. Despite Bogart being three times the size of Leena, she still crashtackles him.
5. The only fanfiction that I have written was for the Greek Mythology fandom.
6. I have a slight stutter that used to be a lot worse.
7. I never stuttered when I was singing or talking to animals.
8. I love reading. My favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy.
9. The video game that really got me into the xbox was Fable.
10. I have been playing Pokemon since red and blue.